From: Terry Collins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

>Do I see correctly?
>
>Have we just had a MS OS support question asked on SLUG list?
>And an answer given with a positive recommendation for MS support?
>
>Shit - time to start wearing a suit to Slug meetings if this is the
>case.

I should have mentioned that I found the answers first on the MSDN DVD
(which costs about $3000/yr) and translated them into web addresses.
Searching the web is definitely not the most efficient - you get a few
hundred results and have to know from past experience which is better and
which isn't.

Besides, who better to ask technical questions of than a mob of Linux users.
Most Microsoft people (including "certified ones") I know wouldn't even know
what MTU meant and how it applied to ADSL let alone know where to look to
find the answers.  Linux people at least tend not to have any pretense of
being completely knowledgeable about a complex system and yet know all sorts
of useful stuff about interoperability.

I dare you to ask the same quesion on a Visual Basic users list and see what
response you get?

No need to get that suit out yet.  :-)

John Wiltshire