On Mon, 18 Sep 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > > "the web" is an interface, not a format (fool).
> >

> I have been a member of SLUG for 6 years and until recently the mailing
> list and the people were generally civil and showed respect for others.  I
> have noticed over the last year that this is no longer the case and there
> are more people who seem to prefer to display their ego's with feedback
> similar to the above rather than constructive information.

A sad indictment of some of the behaviour we've all suffered
through lately.

How dare someone flame a newbie for asking a question? I suppose
such flamers were born with the Linux knowledge they have and never
had to ask an innocent question.

Personally speaking, I spend more time on SLUG deleting useless
irrelevant posts than reading the list.

I'm sure a lot of us who are deeply involved in Linux, open systems,
etc in the workplace and for research have little time for lists like
the ilk of what this one has become.

Sad, isn't it.

> Well - goodbye to SLUG.
> It was fun while it lasted.

I bid Jason "so long and thanks for all the fish", and sit here
contemplating what my next move will be.

-rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services