David Fisher wrote:

> Linuxconf is not an admin aid, it is a learning impediment.

And how many newbies would have given up when they were first learning if they
didn't have access to it?

It might not teach you how to manually configure linux by creating/editing files
but it makes linux a lot more accessable to people who don't have a strong
background in using linux (such as someones with previous experience with windows)
which IMO is a good thing.  If we want to have any chance of linux acheiving
widespread use we have to acknowledge that not everyone will be able to learn
every thing about linux.  Look at how many people use windows without having any
idea about how to do 'simple' things like install device drivers - why should a
linux user need to know how to manually configure everything?  The option to learn
how is there, but not everyone wants to take it.

 - Doug

  Network Operations Engineer - Big Pond Advance Satellite
 Ericsson Australia - Level 5, 184 The Broadway, Sydney 2000
  Ph: +61-416-085-390   Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]