On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 09:39:37AM +1100, Peter Rundle wrote:
> When installing IE wine gives
> this error
>
>   FATAL: No handler for Win16 routine SETUPX.2: IPOPEN
>    (called from   030f:00b7)

i quickly gave up getting ie to run, since the pull-down menues didn't
even exist when i tried it, and i needed them to change the network
settings.

> And when installing Office 97, it goes though the motions then put's
> up a dialog saying Office did not install.

did it actually install? (ie: check the installation dir) you might be
able to run it anyway..

word 97 runs ok(ish) for me, but i'm running an already installed copy
(off the mounted windows drive)

> I know it's alpha etc etc but has anyone else had any more success
> and if so what did you do?

some of the past Wine Weekly News (www.winehq.com somewhere) have some
good articles on choosing DLLs, setting up no-windows installs, etc.

if you want a real laugh, try running explorer. if it can't write to
some directories (like i'm going to let it do that), it thinks its
doing a fresh windows install and does the whole "setting up your
hardware" bit.

(i've just patched a bug in wine (i hope; its still compiling) that
should let me play heroes3 ;)

--
 - Gus