> Stuart Cooper wrote:
>
> IDE versus command line programs I think of a bit in terms of people who
> assemble their hi-fi systems/computers out of custom components versus people
> who use an all-in-one purchased solution. The Do it Yourselfers are always
> the people who know exactly what's going on and have better systems.

An interesting comparison...

What would you think about a modular system that also used graphical
components to assist programming? Inspired by the single-tool-single-job
ethos, but including visualisation components and such?

A friend of mine is working on a project that *reeks* of UNIX-style
simplicity, but also has a fairly heavy dose of the clickies.

What sort of things would you see as useful, and complimentary to the
text-only approach?

- Jeff (who likes to see dev-talk on SLUG again)

-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] ------------------------------- http://linux.conf.au/ --

        Ye shall be cursed to fall in love so easily, and yet be so
                     cold of heart as never to express it.