Anand Kumria wrote:

> Having assisted quite a few people in their install of Debian I think
> I know what you are missing: the Debian System Administrators Manual.
>
> Unfortunately, though such a document is referenced, it does not exist
> in non-corporal form (i.e. other Debian users).
>
> Perhaps you can write up your problems (in more detail) and send it onto
> the debian-doc mailing list (or similiar).
>
> Anand

Actually Anand,
Hard though it may be to believe, I am using the Debian 2.2
distribution at this very moment. I was just frustrated at my
total lack of knowledge (common sense?) after so many years of
playing with Linux in its various forms. I apologise for my rash
post. The fault was entirely mine :-( I believed the documentation
and did not bother to put my ISP's DNS addresses in resolve.conf.
The only program that seems to be broken now is Balsa, but I'll
sort that out.
BTW. Why does Debian come with a loader for Netscape3 and a note
that Netscape is not free? I would have thought it better to
update this information.

Thanks
Stay well and happy
Heracles