Gregg wrote:

> Dear Slug,
>
> Two nights ago we had a lightning storm (but not actually near us). Since then,
> my modem connects fine to my  ISP but DNS doesn't seem to work. I can ping IP
> addresses but not domain names.

Try the following to help to isolate the problem:

What happens if you try to use nslookup?  What if you try nslookup with a different
DNS server?

What happens if you try to connect to a site using it's IP address?  (eg: ftp
139.134.5.87)

 - Doug

  Network Operations Engineer - Big Pond Advance Satellite
 Ericsson Australia - Level 5, 184 The Broadway, Sydney 2000
  Ph: +61-416-085-390   Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]