> when i asked the telstra rep about it i got something about "these
> will be handled through bigpond direct" and the impression that that
> isn't happening yet. (currently its all "bigpond access", and
> apparently they're different companies - i can't keep track)

Bigpond Direct is the company that hands out isdn and subnets etc.
Bigpond business has all dynamic services - isdn, adsl and hyperconnect.
They are different companies. - The tech staff at Direct tend to kick arse.
But again, they have to be alot more familar with routers. There are many
more routers involved with direct that business.... merely because they are
handling so many subnets and addressing issues.

Word from our account manager at telstra is that bigpond direct will only be
ready to offer adsl as part of its service come Jan or feb next year. Very
disappointing. Only decent dsl plans business offers are capped at 500mb a
month.
Can't get unlim for a small business :( If only we could convince em we
lived there!

Oh for the days of cheap bandwidth for everyone!

dave