I think you will find that the stock issue RH kernel uses the old RAID
which was broken.  You will need to recomp the kernel with the new RAID.
I forget where it is but have a look for an up to date RAID HOWTO for the
details.  I did that and managed to get RAID 1 working so I don't see why
RAID 5 should be any problem.

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates <http://www.lannet.com.au>