Dean Hamstead wrote:
Dean Hampstead wrote:

> When school is finished in about a month.
> With a bit of work im sure we could get some interesting things
> happening, and
> see a hundred or so machines installed =)
>
> Are people interested in volunteering to help do installs?

I would be prepared to volunteer in general (provided it did not clash
with prior commitments).

> Ideally a small team per distribution. Although i think the biggens will
> be
> RedHat, SUSE, Caldera? and maybe Corel?. Im a big fan of debian too but
> be
> realistic about what people want on there first install.

Surely the main hindrance to debian as a first introduction to linux is
the install itself.  If we help someone with the install then
administering the system is probably no more difficult than any other
distribution. What do other sluggers think?

Ken