Hi All,

I am trying to get nfs locking working, but it does not seem to want to
work for me.
THe Situation is - I have 2 linux redhat 6.1 machines connected
together, and I want to be able to mount a directory from Machine A on
Machine B.

So in Machine A, I added to the /etc/exports
/u (rw)

ANd I have the following daemons running on both Machines
portmapper, nfs, nfslock,

On Machine B, I can mount Machine A directory
by
mount 192.168.1.199://u /u        ; where /u filesystem on A is mounted
on MAchine B

This works great, I can see and run applications on the filesystem.

But record looking is not working - when it tries to lock
I get the message on Machine A
lockd: failed to monitor 192.168.1.200     - which is the IP address off
Machine B

I need to get it working, any ideas

Michael

-
                                  ,,,
                                 (o o)

              Michael, Louise, Ashleigh and Matthew Hosemans

                       email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        Check out our Home Page  http://www.zip.com.au/~hosemans

                             .oooO   Oooo.
                               \_)   (_/