Rick Welykochy wrote:

> When I backup my email directories, I delete all .*.summary
> files - these are the indexes - to save space. Next time I run
> Netscrape, it automatically rebuilds these files.

Thanks all.

I've come to conclusion that the mail file must be corrupted (as far as
Netscape is concerned).

It has no trouble picking up other files and recognising the correct
number of messages, but not this particular one. Curiously MHonarc had
no trouble reading this same file and creating the messages for the WWW
stuff.
http://www.woa.com.au/lists/book-keeping/sql-ledger/2000/

   email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  www: http://www.woa.com.au