Hi guys,

Am having a bit of a prob gettting httpd to start again after compiling
in mod_perl.

Using apache 1.13.2 on SUSE 6.4 mod_perl=1.24

did "perl Makefile.PL, make, make test, make install" ok in mod_perl It
of course needed the apache sources which I duly pointed it to and it
make with no probs.

It created the new httpd binary and I just copied that to /usr/sbin
replacing the old version (yes I have a backup). Now I didn't do a make
install from the apache source tree as I gather from reading the
instructions that the make mod_perl goes into the apache tree and does a
./configure, make for you. Indeed it was traversing that tree as I
looked at teh messages that flashed by.

The error is:
init.d:# ./apache start
Starting service httpdSyntax error on line 197 of /etc/httpd/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'LoadModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
not included in
the server configuration

This line is:
<IfDefine PHP>
LoadModule php3_module /usr/lib/apache/libphp3.so
</IfDefine>
<IfDefine PHP4>                                         <----line 197
LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so
</IfDefine>

Do I make install from the apache tree as well as a make install from
the mod_perl or what?
I gather that it is trying to load modules that arent there or not
compiled in.

Mike
Michael Lake
Active caver, Linux enthusiast and interested in anything technical.
Safety Convenor, Australian Speleological Federation
Owner, Speleonics (Australia)