On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Gareth Walters wrote:

>     My boss has asked me to convert our 2 Debian boxes (the firewall and the
> mail server/Web proxy) from Debian to RedHat for the sole reason that I am
> the only person with any Debain experience and he would feel better if more
> Am I just being stubborn? Do I have a point?
> Are there some more points to be made?

Well I seam to differ from what seams to be the popular opinion sprouted
so far.

If you are going to take the more people know RedHat than Debian route
then why not install Windows. More people know that and they will be
cheaper.

You chose Debian for a reason, if those reasons were valid then that has
not changed. Are there people with RedHat experiance around or does he
just perceve that they will be easier to get if they are required.

Rodos

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | The most likely way for the world to be destroyed,
Camion Technology | most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we