Have you got any books to get you started? When I started out I read
"RedHat Linux Unleashed" and as someone who had never seen Unix before it
helped immensely - I now make a living from it ;) but that was about 6 years
ago.

One book that keeps winning readers choice awards is the O'Rielly book
"Running Linux" which is a surprisingly thin book - so I hope that means
it's to the point not light on.

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000 16:49:51 David wrote:

> OK... so now I know that it's lots easier to use Linux than I
thought..

> There is all this jargon that you guys throw around with gay abandon.
What
> the hell is a wrapper? (fantales?)... what are curses? (dumb
question?)
> ... and lets not even *start* on acronyms....
>
> Is there a resource for someone to go look it up when the geeks are
> talking greek? What we used to call a "glossary"?
>
> http://www.whatthe!@#$aretheytalkingabout.com.au
>

> David
>

> For those still interested in that other thread.....
>
> I installed Mozilla on my G4 MacOS in 15 minutes including download.
> installed it on RH6, untarred, guessed what to do and got:
>
> [david@fast david]$ /usr/local/package/mozilla
> /usr/local/package/run-mozilla.sh /usr/local/package/mozilla-bin
> MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/local/package
>   LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/package
>      LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/package:/usr/local/package/components
>        SHLIB_PATH=/usr/local/package
>           LIBPATH=/usr/local/package
>        ADDON_PATH=/usr/local/package
>       MOZ_PROGRAM=/usr/local/package/mozilla-bin
>       MOZ_TOOLKIT=
>         moz_debug=0
>      moz_debugger=
> Registering plugin 0 for: "*","All types",".*"
>
> ... then the console hung, so I use Mozilla on Mac, and NS on RH ;-(
>

> --

Cheers,
      Craige.