Hi Terry,

Thanks for the reply.

I believe I have tried ifconfig down/up and it didn't help - but I'll try
it again just to be sure.

The real problem is that if the switch/hubs that its talking to get reset
or temporarily power down the interfaces on the linux box don't come back.
;(  The interfaces are still there, but every packet results in a TX error.

Cheers,
Marty