ok this might very well be a dumb question but here goes:

I've installed debian 2.2r2, done lots of fiddling etc etc and it
pretty much works (jeeze that dselect thing is nice to use!
(that was sarcasm)).  I've played with apt and got it using
my debian cd and mirror.aarnet (except not "non-US" - it
doesn't seem to like that) and it works great, I love it,
but.... how can I find out what packages are available?
eg. I did "apt-get install cdrecord" and it worked like a
charm but I just guessed there was a package called cdrecord.

Also aside question: why don't I have an rlogind available?
I got sshd "by default" and I installed telnetd, but I can't
find where/how to get rlogind.

Another aside, I also can't find elm (well apt-get can't find it),
I gave up and got the tarball (elm 2.5.4) but it gives
errors compiling.  It compiles for a while then looks like it
gets to linking the elm executable and spews out:
curses.o: In function `InitScreen':
curses.o(.text+0x4a): undefined reference to `tgetent'
[piles of them repeated]
[same thing for tgetstr, tgetnum, tgetflag, tputs, tgoto]
Am I missing a library or something? any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave.