On Mon, Jan 01, 2001 at 08:11:40AM +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> ok this might very well be a dumb question but here goes:

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people :)
(south park joke, I think)

> I've installed debian 2.2r2, done lots of fiddling etc etc and it
> pretty much works (jeeze that dselect thing is nice to use!
> (that was sarcasm)).

I use it sometimes, its a bit of a pain, but you get used to
it.
The other alternatives are console-apt, gnome-apt, aptitude,
there may be more.

> Also aside question: why don't I have an rlogind available?

apt-cache search rlogind

> Another aside, I also can't find elm (well apt-get can't find it),

apt-cache search elm

I'm not too sure about the apt-cache regex, but the below seems to work OK.

apt-cache search "mail.*(reader|client)"

--
        chesty