On Tuesday 02 January 2001 07:21, Dave Kempe wrote:
> errors:
> make uic
> make[5]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/qt-copy/tools/designer'
> if [ -d uic ]; then cd uic ; make; fi
> make[6]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/qt-copy/tools/designer/uic'
> g++ -L/usr/local/src/qt-copy/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/src/qt-copy/lib   -o
> /usr/local/src/qt-copy/bin/uic uic.o ../shared/widgetdatabase.o
> .../shared/domtool.o ../integration/kdevelop/kdewidgets.o   -lqutil
> -L../lib -lqutil -L../lib -lqt
> /usr/local/src/qt-copy/lib/libqt.so: undefined reference to
> `FT_Init_FreeType' /usr/local/src/qt-copy/lib/libqt.so: undefined reference
> to `FT_Load_Glyph' /usr/local/src/qt-copy/lib/libqt.so: undefined reference
> to `FT_Done_Face' /usr/local/src/qt-copy/lib/libqt.so: undefined reference

Hi Dave,

I've not tried the AA fonts in KDE and Qt yet. I've seen the screenshots and
they look awesome. I might try myself to compile it when I get some spare
time. I am working on Qt/Embedded which has support for AA fonts also.

I've appended at the end an email from Lars posted to the qt-interest mailing
list regarding AA fonts in Qt. The AA extensions to Qt aren't supported by
Trolltech and it only works for certain fonts it seems. (However Lars didn't
mention that Trolltech supports Qt/Embedded and the AA font support it has).

However I'll take some guesses as to what might be wrong. I'm gussing here,
but it kind of looks like it's not linking in the freetype library. It'll
probably be in /usr/local/src/qt-copy/src/3rdparty/freetype2 for you so
you'll need to compile it and hack your makefiles to add
/usr/local/src/qt-copy/src/3rdparty/freetype2/obj/libfreetype.a to resolve
the freetype undefned references.

The other undefined references to XRender* I have no idea about. Maybe you
have to add something like "-L/usr/lib/X11 -lxrender" or something like that
to your makefile but I really don't know where that comes from. Maybe grep
about for "XRender" or something to find the library it expects.

Regards
John