> > more simply I need to modify the letters that are assigned to a koine
> > greek font, so that I find it easier to type up.
>
> i don't understand what you are trying to do ..
>
> "so that i find it easier to type up" implies there's another way to
> solve your problem tho

There are a number of koine greek fonts. Koine greek has a slightly
different alphabet to english, with among other things 2 different letters
for (the english equivalent of) s, depending on where it is in a word. Not
to mention breathingmarks on letters and otehr things (think german
umlauts).

So I wished to remap one of the existing fonts to make it easier to use,
and was planning to write a perl script to convert from the other fonts to
the one i'm hoping to write, as well as a converter for the sigmas etc.

Jason