----- Original Message -----
From: Rev Simon Rumble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: DaZZa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2001 9:15 AM
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Back and USB

> On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 09:06:38AM +1100, DaZZa uttered:
>
> > You may need to select the "Prompt for incomplete/experimental code"
> > option at the first sub menu from make menuconfig to enable it, however.
> > Not sure on this one.
>
> Done that, still can't see a USB option anywhere.  2.4.0 has it as a
> seperate section -- have looked everywhere.

You obviously haven't looked everywhere.  USB is definately in 2.2.18.  At
work, I have a CPIA based USB camera running on a RH7 box which is running a
2.2.18 kernel I built from clean source.

----from arch/i386/config.in----
source drivers/char/Config.in

source drivers/usb/Config.in

source fs/Config.in
----end snippet----

So the options [if you're using menuconfig or xconfig] should be between
Character Devices and Filesystems.

| Crossfire      | This message was brought to you |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED] | on 100% recycled electrons      |