Well my 2 cents worth is, buy whatever it is you like. Personally, I'd
sooner spend the more money and get something that I am happy with.

I have a CPD-200ES Sony 17" which I paid a bit for at the time. But to
this day I am still happy with it. The new models have improved, so who
knows when it comes to getting a new monitor again, I am sure I might buy
another Sony unit.

Another recent purcahse was a CPD-E100 Sony 15", and I must admit. It
is the best 15" I have ever had the pleasure of using. It is tiny, and has
some nice screen refresh. The great thing is, it is small and can be taken
to friends places with much more ease.

-
Michael