Hi Guys,

I have installed Magicpoint and gee it's great but need to
get it working with TrueType fonts.
If I configure with just ./configure I get:
        checking if --disable-freetype option specified... no
        checking for freetype library/header... /usr/lib and no
        checking for TT_Init_FreeType in -lttf... no
        Fatal: libttf.a not found

so I configure with ./configue --disable-freetype and it
goes fine and I can compile and it works but of course the
display is bitty.

I downloaded from www.freetype.org the free TrueType2.0
types and compiled it fine. The make install put several
libraries in /usr/local/lib such as:
        libfreetype.a
        libfreetype.la
        libfreetype.so
        libfreetype.so.6
        libfreetype.so.6.0.1

Now....the README.fonts file that comes with MagicPoint
says:
"MagicPoint implements native support for the FreeType
library.  You
can compile the renderer into MagicPoint.  If you have the
FreeType
library (libttf.a) somewhere in your system, the "configure"
script
will find the library and links the library into the
MagicPoint
binary."

So a ./configure in MagicPoint should now work. But
./configure still does not find it. I tried symlinking
"libfreetype.a" to "libttf.a" as a guess but that didn't
work. I have run ldconfig so the library database thingy
should be up-to-date. What am I missing out on?

Mike
Michael Lake
University of Technology, Sydney
Email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Ph: 02 9514 1724 Fx: 02
9514 1628
Linux enthusiast, active caver and interested in anything
technical.