Hi Everyone,

There were a few things I was doing wrong. I was not clearing the
config.cache (tnx Dave), magicpoint was not looking in /usr/local/lib
(thanks Marty) and more importantly libttf.a was in fact in the
FreeType1 distribution not the FreeType2 distribution (thanks Jeff).

I now have FreeType1 compiled and installed and ./configure in
magicpoint finds libttf.a and compiles for TrueType fonts. I restarted
te xfs font server and X windows.

I hate to say it but they are still bitty compared to LaTeX fonts in
PostScript :-(

Thanks all.
Mike