Good afternoon all

I am afraid I am becoming one of those Debian converts.  In the last few
days I have finished setting up a Debian based firewall (welll actually a
firewall is never finished).  The simplicity of apt-cache search, apt-get
update, and apt-get upgrade is great.

/flamesuit on
What I am finding with Debian is they seem to have sorted out dependencies
better than Redhat.  With Redhat an installation of less than "install
everything" seemed to be full of problems.  So far, with Debian this has
not been the case.  I must say, however, I have not yet played with X setup
under Debian.  I might still change my mind about it.
/flamesuit off

Anyway, to the problem.

I am now attempting to make my Acer portable dual boot W2k and Linux.  Once
I get Debian base installed it wants to re-boot.  I have created a boot
floppy so I can test it without breaking W2k.  The bootup hangs seemingly
indefinitely on pcmcia modules install.  I tried re-installing and editing
modules.conf to see if I could stop the pcmcia probe.  This file tells me
to look at another configuation file (modeprobe or something that I have
now forgotten) but that file/directory does not exist.

Any suggestions about how to stop pcmcia loading?  I have not selected it
as a module to load in the initial configuration.

regards
Steven