Jon Biddell was once rumoured to have said:

>> What you're really asking is why Debian is cool.  I can answer that.
>>

>> 2) Debian is a live distribution
>
> 2a - Which can be dangerous - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

   Yes?  debian adheres to this policy - bug fixes are backported to
   packages, rather than the package being upgraded to new releases -
   this usually means that config files and general behaviour don't
   change, and everybody's happy.

>> 5) Debian helps you pull chicks
>>    Well I don't know about that one... But if I was a chick I'd insist
>>    on a prospective bed partner converting 8)

<plug modesty="shameless">
  Come help man the debian stand at linuxexpo.au!

  More details soon [hopefully]
</plug>