On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Crossfire wrote:

> Yes, but qmail does other incrediably stupid/evil things, like
> breaking down multiple recipiant envelopes - which zmailer, exim and
> postfix don't do - but I've already iterated over these arguments
> before.

My peeve with Qmail (apart from the stupid license) is that I was never
able to get something similar to Sendmail's userdb to work. I just wanted
it to rewrite my outgoing email address (with my bogus domain) into my
real email address. I read docs and tried setting environment variables
(WTF?!) but it never worked properly. And the stupid "one setting per
file" configuration. Why the hell can't you just have one config file?

Having said that, people will now email me to tell me how to do userdb in
Qmail :P
No thanks, I'm turned off Qmail now from what I've heard about the author.

--
Ian Tester   *8)#          \7\    LINUX: because geeks will find a way