On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 12:57:42PM +1100, Wylie Edwards wrote:
> anyone know of a good client that will allow access to that damn thing
> called exchange and its schedules etc??  i doubt there will be but if
> anyone knows some alternatives would be much appreciated.

Can't help with the schedules issue (but very interested if
anyone else knows of such a thing.)

For mail, though, exchange can speak IMAP, which is a standard.
Fetchmail can speak IMAP, and stuff the resulting messages into
your local mail spool, from whence you can do what you like with
them.

Alternatively, mail user agents (MUAs) that I know of that
speak to IMAP servers directly include: netscape-communicator,
mozilla, tkrat and pine.  Mozilla (used to) has some bugs with
IMAP, but it's getting there...

--
Andrew