On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 01:01:31AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Paul Cameron">
>
> > From the unstable debian dist, using fvwm2 + gnome ...
> >
> > Bringing up menu items (left click on a blank area of the screen), and
> > browsing the relevant submenus took very long to render, perhaps a half
> > second delay on bringing up the menu, more delays looking at submenus.
>
> Are they Gnome menus, or fvwm menus?
>
> The usual Gnome menus only come up on a right-click (if gmc is running at
> all). Perhaps Sawfish is your Easter Egg -> this sounds like uncached menus
> in fvwm.

Sounds like it. Probably more an artifact of the unstable debian branch,
but still, I'm not forgiving Gnome for becoming slower than mozilla.

> [ Why fvwm, btw? ]

I like having all of the screen to myself, and minimising distractions.
For me, distractions are fancy window decorations, sound effects
whenever I so much as look at my wm, image background. fvwm doesn't
require much configuration to give that to me.

To each their own. "That's very pretty, now give me a fucking xterm"

Paul.