I can see how this would be done if you were using something like cron,
ipchains and ntpdate to query the server - something like "cron, include
ipchain ACCEPT rule, ntpdate, sleep for a few seconds, delete ipchain
rule", but what if you want to do the auto synch thing with your server as
a strata server.  In this case the synch timing is handled by the ntpd
daemon itself, or perhaps the ntpd daemon shouldn't be used like this.

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates <http://lannetlinux.com>