On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, David Kempe wrote:

> > i don't know about far from perfect. they are reliable, cheap and
> > helpful. what more could you ask for?
>
> Those qualitys in an ADSL provider would be nice :-/

Just got off the phone from Optus (my ISDN connection), who say that Optus
are thinking about DSL, and think they should probably do it, and they
just might, and I should check out www.xyzed.com.au

Is there actually a "good" reason for not having fixed IP connections to
DSL? or is this the dead hand of unimaginative Aussie bureaucracy? or
what? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to have it.

Just curious, and it's beyond my competence.

David