> What do you want dhcpd (not dhcpcd) for? Do you have other boxes
> (Windoze) you need to assign addresses to?

        So that when people bring their computers over, they just need to plug it
into the network and they're automatically on the internet ... don't have to
worry about settings.

> >     Secondly, I'm on BPA.  When my linux box boots, it claims
> it brings up
> >eth0, eth1 then bpalogin without a problem, but I cannot access the
> >internet.  What I have to do is "ifdown eth0", "ifup eth0", then stop and
> >restart bpalogin.  I've mentioned this on the bigpond linux
> newsgroups but
> >haven't had much luck from them getting help either.
>
> bpalogin writes via syslog into /var/log/messages so have a look there
> to see what it didn't like the first time.

Mar  7 15:45:01 diddums network: Setting network parameters:  succeeded
Mar  7 15:45:02 diddums ifup: SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable
Mar  7 15:45:03 diddums network: Bringing up interface lo:  succeeded
Mar  7 15:45:03 diddums ifup: Determining IP information for eth0...
Mar  7 15:45:10 diddums ifup:  done.
Mar  7 15:45:10 diddums network: Bringing up interface eth0:  succeeded
Mar  7 15:45:12 diddums network: Bringing up interface eth1:  succeeded

        As you can see, there doesn't appear to be anything it didn't like other
than that second message which I don't understand ...