On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Angus Lees wrote:

> \begin{Nick Croft}
..snip..
> > Since then I've purged all kstuff, but the menus are no better.
>
> yuck.
>
> check /usr/lib/menu/. there should be a file in there for everything
> wanting a menu item.
>
> you might also want to check /etc/menu-methods/. in there should be a
> script for building each of the window-managers' menus. check kde
> hasn't stomped on them or /usr/sbin/update-menus in some strange way
>
> --
>  - Gus

Thanks Gus, I've looked at all the menu-methods and chucked out the kde script, by way
of revenge; I'll go through update-menus later tonight and check it's
intact or replace it one of the other box.

There's more: Gnome still only has the kde generated stuff in the Debian
Menu section. I'll have to figure out how Gnome's menus are generated as well.
In fact this might be the clue: kde hates gnome.

Pity I've gotta go out of town today. I hope I can keep up a bit of interest in this
till tomorrow.

Nick