[EMAIL PROTECTED] was once rumoured to have said:

> Be warned that I've noticed problems using reiserfs on LVM partitions.
> Writing to the reiserfs file system seems to cause bdflush to jump up to
> between 30-70% cpu usage and thus slows the machine down considerably.
> Reading is fine of course.

Yes, well...  You're not supposed to ever use Reiser over a virtual
block device like LVM or software MD due to block device buffering
issues - Reiser, being a journaling filesystem, does not mix with disk
write buffering.

Because of this, I run reiser against two raw 30GB disks here, rather
than over an LVM or software MD append/raid.  AFAIK, Hardware RAID is
fine for this application.

C.