This one time, at band camp, Herbert Xu said:
>Angus Lees <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> i've used cfengine for exactly that purpose for quite a while, and
>> have been intending to give a talk on it for ~8months now.
>
>Personally I prefer a layered "meta" package approach.  Now if only every
>Debian package repsected the sanctity of configuration files as they must...

Erm, how does a package one one system get the configuration from
another to respect said sanctity of the package?  It looks like i can
deploy configurations from the cfengine master, and that is what I am
looking for; rather than sshing to n machines and editing the same line
on all of them manually.

--
jamesw

Always two there are; a Bastard, and a PFY.