As I recall, Windows doesn't play nicely unless it is the first Hard Drive.

Which can be a pain now that you have Linux installed, so you'll
have to do things like:
Re install LiLo on the boot partition of the Windows hard drive.
In /etc/fstab change the hda and hdb 's around.
Swap the two drives around so the Windows is the master drive.
Check your lilo config is still installing Lilo on at hda (which is now the Windows
partition.) and that it has the right partitions for Mandrake.I

When I did this it was easiest to make all the changes in Linux, then open the box and
adjust the master/slave drives.
And I don't think you need two active partitions, just make sure the Windows partition
is on the master drive, and that it has Lilo and is bootable.

hth
Steve