I have now spent 17 hours on a problem, and decided I may need some help.

I have tried to get a Redhat 7.0 box to attach to Bigpond ADSL.  I had it connected, pinging and ftp'ing 16 hours and 55 mins ago.  It can also smtp, pop3, telnet, everything.

But I still cannot browse a web site.

When I go into Netscape or Lynx, type in a web site, it just sits there and hangs.  If I connect the box to another ISP via modem, it browses OK.

I am using RP, and have tried everything I can find in mailling lists including:-

(1)  Manually lowing MTU on network card and ppp connection, all the way down below 1000.  Editing adsl-connect to ensure this is done.
(2)  Got my browser to try to use melbourne.cache.telstra.net.au on ports 80, 3128 and 8080 (and all other Telstra caches I could find).
(3)  Disabled all IP Masquerading (eventually it will be a gateway), all other ethernet cards, IP routing.

Any suggestions would be welcome.  Although I am connecting in Brisbane, everything on port 80 is going through a transparant proxy in Melbourne.

Could it be a Brisbane problem?

Adam Armstrong
BES Information Technology Systems
80 Albert Street