Afternoon. Thanks Jdub for writing all that was wrong in the world.

I've got a problem you have when not having a problem. I need to talk my
newly converted, to both Linux and Debian, cousin through getting his USB
modem firing up. His kernel (2.2.19) has USB support but I've never used
USB before and while having USB support on my laptop it's a bit hard to
simulate properly.

My understanding is that I need to load acm and usb-core. I've hazared a
guess at usb-serial too (all via modconf) but I still do not have any
devices that I could identify as USB serial devices.

Can someone pass me a 1-2-3 clue stick? I'm sure I've done enough but
I'd like to be more certain before talking my cousin through tonight.

--

Cheers,
      Craige.