<quote who="Grahame Kelly">

> Additionally, what happened to the idea voiced originally by Ken Yap
> (I think) to have concurrent SLUG sessions (one for newbies, one for
> self-proclaimed-experts) at each monthly meeting ?

I've been mentioning this one every time the "What else can we do with the
meetings?" question comes up, but it seems to get shot down a lot. :)

> OK, I know --
> who is going to organize, run and front such sessions - well I thought
> this was a key part of the SLUG-committee level to test the waters and
> find new and innovative ways of building involvement in and for the
> membership (old & new).

That sounds like our spiels at the AGM! :)

I think the most troublesome part is in getting speakers; we've done heaps
to get speakers from outside SLUG, and the committee certainly did a lot of
talks, but to fill an 'expert' room and a 'newbie' room, we really need more
involvement from everyone else.

Hopefully, publishing committee meeting summaries, improving the website,
etc. will lead to more of this. Then the rest of the committee may feel more
comfortable supporting the double-room meeting thing.

[ There were also comments about "splitting the list is one thing, but the
MEETING?!" -> but i think they were mostly humourous in nature. ;) ]

- Jeff

--
  You'll see what I mean.