Hi,

I am having a small problem which should be easy to sort out by someone with
the know how.

I have three linux machines and a windows PC or two.

Each of the Linux machines run Redhat 6.2 and the windows PC is 98.

1.  is a  Linux machine and is a server for a software product that we
supply.
2.  is a linux machine on the same network and acts as in internet gateway,
email server (dialup connection) (works fine for all the PCs that use it for
internet and email)

3. is a linux machine at a remote site that I want to dial into number 1 and
act as a gateway for the windows PC to connect to our software (on 1) and
also to access email and the internet on number 2.

I currently have the windows PC dialing into number 1 and using our software
but by putting in a linux machine (3) I can then have two windows PC's using
the one dialup connection via 3 to access our software and also email and
the web. I know it would be slow but thats not the issue here.

OK. I have played around with routing a bit but am having a few problems
when it comes to one linux machine dialing into another and acting as a
gateway for email etc.

Does that all make sense??

anyway, if someone could help by giving me some tables showing ip addresses
and what routes should be set up on what machines I would very much
appreciate it. (just make up some ip addresses and I will adapt)

any static routes or the rest would be appreciated also.
I really don't have a clue how to do this.

I have set up a trial at work and can dial into the remote linux machine
from one linux machine and browse the web etc and from my PC I can ping the
linux machine but not the remote one.\\

thanks in advance

Alister