Thanx man. That was heaps helpful =o)

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Allen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, 17 May 2001 11:02
To: Chris Barnes
Cc: SLUG (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [SLUG] E-Commerce...what do I need.

Hi Chris,

Ive done plenty of Ecomms sites under linux, here's my setup:

PHP front End (with MySQL|PostGreSQL & cURL support at least)
MySQL | PostGreSQL
Talks to the St George Financial Transaction Server.

The FTS i use is at: www.au.interpath.net

I wrote a generic PHP Class that does all the heavy lifting and invokes cURL
(curl.haxx.se) that does the secure link jobbie back to interpath.

You get a lovely report mailed to you nightly.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Cya

Matta

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 07:00:06PM +1000, Chris Barnes wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>       I want to add an online shop to a web site but I'm not exactly sure
> what I need to do this.
> I figure I need a database like MySQL or something, A secure web server
but
> what else?
>
> Also, how does it all work together? I mean once the user has submitted
> their request how does the credit card information get sent or received to
> or from the bank...or is there a completely different way of doing this.
>
> Any ideas, any suggestions on software i should use please let me know.
>
> Chris Barnes
> System Operations
> Rams Home Loans
>
> Searching for "A Better Way" to a home loan, call RAMS on 13 7267, or go
to http://www.rams.com.au

> The e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information.  If
you receive it in error you must not use or disclose the information. You
must tell us and delete it. We do not waive any legal privilege by sending
it. RAMS does not promise that the email is free from virus defect or error.

> --

Matt Allen
Technical Director
Investigation Marketplace