Folks.

I've got a recent problem with my video card which appears in both X and
text mode, and is giving me the irrits.

What basically happens is that I get shadowing right across the screen of
every character - so in text mode it looks like I have dark lines across
the screen at the levels of the text, and in X I get a complete shadowed
image which spreads right across the screen.

Anyone got any clues as to what may be causing it?

Hardware is a TNT2 Ultra64 AGP video card, monitor is a Mitsubishi
Diamondview 19 inch.

Attempts to rectify the problem so far include

1) Reboot
2) Disassemble PC, clean card connectors, reassemble.
3) Pull fan off video card, clear fan, reseat chip on video board

Any other ideas anyone can suggest?

DaZZa