on Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 02:43:14PM +1000, Alister Waller
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Whats the best way to run a shell script so that it has the right
> persmissions to kill a user and stop/start and clear down print queues?

You want to kill a user? Thats understandable but extreem, most of us just
learn to live with them.

> if I run it as root it works fine, as a user it complains about permissions
> on files and directories and users etc

We need more info on what you are trying to do. Kill all processes that are
running as a particular user? Cant see that you could  do this without
being root, unless you are themself.

The print queue script will also depend on what print software you are
using (and how it's been installed)

BB