Ideally what i would like is for a person to log in as an admin or similar
user and be able to kill off other users processes and print jobs/queues
etc.

this would be a restricted login.

I have the scripts done as I said, its how I can run them without being root
thats the issue.

if I can't then root it is :)

alister