Hello,

Been a while since I've spammed anybody, so for those who are
interested, the Parramatta Computer Access Network (PCAN -
http://www.cat.org.au/pcan) is having one of it's increasingly regular
junkfest/meetings this Saturday:

11am-4pm Saturday 6th October,
Dundas Area Neighbourhood Centre
21 Sturt St, Telopea, NSW, 2117.

We now have a regular, adequately-sized venue, and a fair amount of
hardware coming in.  So far, we've been fixing up Windows boxes
(*shudder*), but as the level of disorganisation falls to somewhere
tolerable, we are now able to be a bit more daring.  I've set up Debian
on a PII, which I hope to get a bit more memory for, so that in future
weeks it can be set up as an X application server, with a handful of 486
X-Terminals hanging off it, booting from floppies.

If there's anybody with mad schemes that will work on old hardware,
we've got the hardware, and would love to share in your insanity.

Also we'll take your junk.  Pentiums and over, plus any network cable
(desperately needed), hubs, modems, drives, etc.  If anybody's got a
recent set of the 'unofficial' Woody CD's, that would be great as well.

All in all, a pleasant way to avoid domestic work on a Saturday.  BYO
phillips-head.

Matthew.

--
Software should not have owners - http://www.gnu.org