Stephen Graham wrote:
> I did not know you could do loss-less conversion to eps.
> ImageMagick does the trick (for anyone interested)
> covert pretty_pic.tif pretty_pic.eps
> (Then wait - it takes a while on my old P233)

yep , thats what I use myself. Fast on my alpha.
and you can also convert on the fly. If you add the command
to convert it to inside last pair of brackets in
DeclareGraphicsRule. "The LaTeX Graphics Companion" is good
if you are doing lots of graphics.

There are a few funnies though with LateX and graphics.
If I have a black & white tiff followed by a colour one it works
fine. If the colour pic comes 1st both come out "bitty"
Ah well :-)

Mike