This one time, at band camp, Matthew Moor wrote:
>I've had reasonably good luck with Abit boards, but dealer friends tell me
>that their QA has gone to crap.

This is true.

My first Abit board was the KA7-100, for an 800MHz Ath.  Something happened
that ended up frying the IDE controllers.

I went to upgrade, but of course by this stage no-one sold Slot A mobos, so
I had to upgrade to a socket mobo, the KT7A-RAID, also by Abit.  In the
period since I bought it, the second serial port stopped working altogether,
and the first IDE channel isn't detected by the BIOS (which I suspect is my
fault).

I won't be buying Abit again, but I won't say that they're all crap ;)

(If anyone knows where I can get a Slot A motherboard, preferably non-Abit,
I'd be interested... I have an 800MHz processor that's yearns to hunt for
aliens.)

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg

Virtual reality is its own reward.