> Have I got this arse-about or do you mean that all LAN traffic is
> routed through Telstra by default? ould this setup then ensure that
> all internal traffic bound for the server be routed via Telstra? If
> so, wouldn't the interface then see twice the traffic (and Telstra
> charge twice as much) than it normally would?

Well, I'm not sure how to explain it but that's certainly NOT what happens.
My local traffic stays local and anything that isn't on the local net goes
across the gateway. My understanding of a default gateway is one that is
used when a local route is not available. Do I have it wrong?

I'm sure someone here can explain it better.

Cheers.