> Good morning all.
>
> Is there a 'Telstra BigPondDirect - ADSL' Linux Howto type document
> that will ease me into this wonderful service offering of Telstra ?

Last time I checked, Telstra BPDirect were charging arm+leg for their
ADSL service. That, and it requires a pppoe client for authentication?

It may be worth your while looking at alternative ISPs. I went with
Internode. I get a static IP, no pppoe client required - just set up a
static IP on (one) of your ethernet interfaces, plug it into the ADSL
modem, plug modem into phone line. No howto is really required.
It was also alot cheaper than the BPDirect option, and I did not
have to sign up for any long term contracts (just buy the ADSL modem).
I have also been very happy with the service/reliability (though I have
yet to see 1.5Mb download speed :)

--
Cheers,
Jim.