Kevin, your example shows the OUTPUT chain in the filter table (the
default), not in the nat table (which has to be explicitly stated).  As
far as I can make out these two OUTPUT chains are quite different, and I
am wondering why there is the provision to use both.

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people